Monday, August 3, 2009
Day 8: Creston, IA
Pat rode a tough 74 miles today -- hot, humid, hilly, and, last but not least, filled with yappy farm dogs. It might have been the hardest day yet because the roadway was not bike-friendly at all -- gravel shoulder and lots of vehicles. He is going to search out a better roadway for the eastern trek across Iowa. Give him your thoughts tonight and tomorrow - he will need them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey Pat, It's Megan, Just now figured out how to comment on your blog(whatever a blog is). I'm so impressed!! I can hardly believe your in iowa already!! You no doubt will make it to Chicago before Sat. Can't wait to see you and give you a big hug. Talk to you tomorrow now that I'm in the know about the blog link. Peace
ReplyDeleteThanks for riding for my mom, Mr.Killcullen! Good travels to you!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Emily Behnke :)
Hey Pat, I have an old highschool friend in Des Moines. Let me know if you want her contact info, I'm sure she would be more than happy to help you out with a place to stay or somewhere to wash clothes, etc.
ReplyDeleteHi Pat, Its Tues. and I wanted to wish you a good day today. I hope the ride is flat or even better, downhill. Its very humid here so I hope its cooler where you are. You are in my thoughts/prayers. Your ambition and strength is simply wonderful. We are all learning and taking so much from you, Pat. Great teachers inspire!! Peace Megan
ReplyDeleteMornin Pat!...let's hope today goes better!...I see Megan has figured out how to leave comments..I tell my friends I have a "Blog" and most ask what do you do with that ???...my response is that I really don't know, I just am following this great guy on his bike ride across the Midwest...you are just terrific! Love from Jeri & John
ReplyDelete