Saturday, August 1, 2009

I thought my rig needed a little bling, and I had been singing a tune from Cool Hand Luke while pedaling across the plains:
"Get yourself a sweet Madonna/dress her in rhinestone/put her on a pedestal of abalone shell/Doin' 90 I ain't scary/cuz I got the Virgin Mary/assurin' me that I ain't goin' to hell..."
(or something like that).

Today I ran into a Palauan girl named Scarlett at the local Walgreens; turns out Ida and I know her brother Tommy, who lives in Longmont, and Ida used to work with her sister Debbie. And Scarlett knows Ida's brothers, Kendall and Jesse, who live in Wayne, NE. Small world.

I'm getting ready to head into Iowa in the morning; not sure of the final destination; I'll see where my legs take me.


1 comment:

  1. The Sacred Heart of Mary: Two elements are essential to this devotion, soul and body, which are necessary to the constitution of man.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Heart_of_Mary

    Very apt for this modern day pilgrimage.

    ReplyDelete