Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rest Day

I slept well at the lovely Holiday Inn (Lincoln, NE). Thank you to all the followers and contributors- it keeps me going. Special thanks to Megan for the inspiration (this ain't nothing compared to what you've endured), Bill for being my "cyber support van", and Ida for holding down the fort.

Some thoughts on Nebraska:
  • the people are very kind
  • it's not flat
  • yes, there is a lot of corn
  • feed lots stink (the largest one I've seen was actually in eastern Colorado)
  • the small towns are dying (the old timers tell me that young people move away because there's nothing left for them except farming)
  • and don't bring up the subject of college football unless you have time for a long lecture.

I'll post more later; time to check the laundry. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment